The Fellowship is an award-winning Leadership Development Programme. Gain professional training and support while you expand opportunities for underprivileged students in high-need schools.
What is the Fellowship?
The Fellowship is a full-time 2-year Leadership Development Programme in which you will teach in a high-need school while earning a competitive graduate salary. You can be part of the solution in fighting education inequity and make a difference in the lives of underprivileged students and communities.
The 2 years on the Fellowship will be a challenging yet rewarding journey, during which you will develop transferable skills and gain unique experiences that set you apart in your future career.
- "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Why the Fellowship?
Gain direct experience in the education sectorA unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience teaching and problem solving at the grassroots of education.
Post Graduate Diploma in EducationGain a fully sponsored qualification that allows you to continue teaching in the public school system.
Transform the education system as a TFM AlumBe a part of our growing network of Alumni who are working together to transform education for all children.
Develop yourself while you develop the nation.
Grow your personal and professional networkWork alongside highly passionate and outstanding like-minded leaders championing the same vision and mission.
Accelerate your careerDevelop a set of strong, transferable skills that apply to any career pathway.
Earn a Competitive Graduate SalaryYou will be employed by the Ministry of Education and will receive corresponding salary and benefits.
- "After graduating Monash, I applied for PwC & got rejected. After the Fellowship, PwC contacted ME - they recognised the skill set I developed as a teacher."
Kelvin Tan (2012 Alumnus)
Bachelor of Arts in International Studies & Communications
- "When I first told my parents about the Fellowship, they were quite apprehensive, upset, confused and puzzled. The “Leadership Development Programme” concept was very new to them and it has never really occurred to them that I might want to be a teacher... But as I progressed through the Fellowship, they definitely changed. I think they are now one of my biggest supporters!"
Jasmine Ong (2012 Alumnus)
- "Every student deserves the space and support to learn from their mistakes and shortcomings. I was able to grow because I had teachers who taught me to rise after every fall, to never stop trying. Together, let’s work towards empowering our nation’s youth, because they are the future of Malaysia."
Irsyad Zainal Bahrin (2017 Alumnus)
Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
To be eligible to join the Fellowship, you must
- Be a Malaysian citizen, aged 32 years or younger as of 31 December 2019
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any non-education discipline. Not possess any education qualification.
- Have strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Possess a minimum of 5As in SPM, including the minimum grade of credit (C) for Bahasa Melayu
- Have a strong academic track record (minimum CGPA of 3.00/4.00 or Second Class Upper Division or equivalent)
The Application Process
Your journey through the application process will take approximately 4 weeks.
The Application Form and English Test
Ujian Kelayakan Calon Guru (UKCG)
Preparing For School
Pre-Service Programme begins!