The Fellowship is a Leadership Development Programme that trains Fellows to become changemakers in the education system. Fellows are given the chance to teach in high-need schools to deepen their understanding of the education landscape and the roots of education inequity, in order to lead change in the lives of students.
What is the Fellowship?
The Fellowship is designed to give aspiring changemakers like yourself the opportunity to develop your leadership skills and understanding of the education system. By being placed in a high-need school as a full-time salaried teacher, you will experience first hand the challenges in education at the grassroots level. Throughout the 2-year programme, you will be assigned a coach who will help you on your journey of personal growth.
Through the Fellowship, you will lead, inspire and impact classrooms and communities, and create transformational change in their leadership and public school system.
- "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Why the Fellowship?
Gain direct experience in the education sectorA unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience teaching and problem solving at the grassroots of education.
Post Graduate Diploma in EducationGain a fully sponsored qualification that allows you to continue teaching in the public school system.
Transform the education system as a TFM AlumBe a part of our growing network of Alumni who are working together to transform education for all children.
Develop yourself while you develop the nation.
Grow your personal and professional networkWork alongside highly passionate and outstanding like-minded leaders championing the same vision and mission.
Accelerate your careerDevelop a set of strong, transferable skills that apply to any career pathway.
Earn a Competitive Graduate SalaryYou will be employed by the Ministry of Education and will receive corresponding salary and benefits.
- "After graduating Monash, I applied for PwC & got rejected. After the Fellowship, PwC contacted ME - they recognised the skill set I developed as a teacher."
Kelvin Tan (2012 Alumnus)
Bachelor of Arts in International Studies & Communications
- "When I first told my parents about the Fellowship, they were quite apprehensive, upset, confused and puzzled. The “Leadership Development Programme” concept was very new to them and it has never really occurred to them that I might want to be a teacher... But as I progressed through the Fellowship, they definitely changed. I think they are now one of my biggest supporters!"
Jasmine Ong (2012 Alumnus)
- "Every student deserves the space and support to learn from their mistakes and shortcomings. I was able to grow because I had teachers who taught me to rise after every fall, to never stop trying. Together, let’s work towards empowering our nation’s youth, because they are the future of Malaysia."
Irsyad Zainal Bahrin (2017 Alumnus)
Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
To be eligible to join the Fellowship, you must
- Be a Malaysian citizen, aged 32 years or younger at the start of the Fellowship
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Have strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Possess a minimum credit (C) for Bahasa Melayu in SPM
- Be a graduate from a local public or overseas university recognised by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Have a strong academic track record as stated in this table:
|Malaysia||United Kingdom (Class)||United States||Australia (Percentage)||Australia (Band 7 scale)||Australia||Other countries|
|Eligible to apply||3.50 – 4.00||1st Class
70% and above
|3.50 – 4.00||80% and above||7 (High Distinction)||H1||Please email us at email@example.com|
|May apply, but eligibility is subjected to consideration and approval of the selection committee||3.20 – 3.49||2nd Class Upper (2:1)
60% – 69%
|3.00 – 3.49||70% – 79%
60% – 69%
|6 (or Distinction)
4.67 (or Credit)
The Application Process
Your journey through the application process will take approximately 4 weeks.
The Application Form and English Test
Ministry of Education (MOE) Assesments
Preparing For School
Pre-Service Programme begins!