What Our Interns Say
Interested to intern with us? Here’s all you need to know:
We are looking for someone who:
- Shares our vision and mission and is aligned with our Core Values: Sense of Possibility, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
- Possesses good leadership skills, portrayed by active involvement in extracurricular activities/ volunteerism or activities related to social causes.
- Has good communication skills.
- Can work independently & open to learning new things.
- Has solid written & verbal English proficiency.
- Can intern for a minimum of 8 weeks and above.
As an intern, here are some benefits you will receive:
- A weekly check-in session to facilitate your professional & leadership growth.
- An immersive learning environment, where interns are encouraged to incorporate their interests and personal mission into their job responsibilities.
- Meeting a passionate group of like-minded staff and interns.
- Possibility of flexible work arrangements, subject to approval.
- Competitive monthly allowances: RM500 (A-levels-equivalent students), RM700 (undergraduates) and RM1000 (graduates).
- In addition to daily responsibilities, interns may be expected to occasionally assist with additional tasks. We strongly encourage interns to be proactive during their internship, and to take advantage of opportunities to learn through a variety of responsibilities.
We accept applications all year round and on a first come first served basis. Offers are subjected to vacancies available within teams, and also on the Intern’s availability. While the minimum internship period is two (2) months, we recommend for you to intern for three (3) months to have a fuller internship experience!
The start and end dates of your internship can be discussed further with the hiring team after the shortlisting stage.
Please answer the following questions and submit it together with your CV (both as PDF files), and email it to email@example.com
- Why do you want to join Teach For Malaysia? What compels you to apply?
- List 3 skills and experience you would want to have gained by the end of your internship and why.
- Earliest start and end dates/period you are available (if unsure at this point).
- Top 3 preferred Functions ranked in order (please refer to document under ‘Available Positions’).
- Current age as per birth date (to ensure that we comply to the Children and Young Persons (Employment Act 1966).
- Name of College/ University and Course taken.
- Expected year of graduation.
What Our Campus Leaders Say
Keen to become a Campus Leader? Here’s all you need to know:
All Malaysians currently pursuing their university studies are welcome to apply, regardless of year and subject of study.
University students who have at least 10 months of study remaining at a university, and who have previous experience as a student ambassador or campus representative are especially encouraged to apply.
We are looking for university students who demonstrate:
A Strong Mission Fit
You should have a good understanding of Teach For Malaysia and committed to our mission.
You are motivated to succeed as a Campus Leader and carry out your role at university.
You are able to work independently and remotely.
You are resourceful and initiative taking when organising a campus event.
You are organised and capable of multitasking and prioritising work.
Interpersonal & Relationship-building skills
You are keen to build relationships with like-minded education champions at your university, including student societies and potential Teach For Malaysia Fellowship candidates.
You have, or are interested in building a highly-engaged network and online presence to reach students at your university.
You are a good listener and encourage participation and engagement to influence others.
You have a high level of professionalism when representing Teach For Malaysia’s brand.
As a Campus Leader, here are some benefits you will receive:
- Professional recruitment training and personalised career and CV guidance.
- Exposure and involvement in a variety of work to develop your professional skill-set.
- Opportunity to expand your personal and professional network as an ambassador of Teach For Malaysia.
- Play a vital role in the movement to end education inequity in Malaysia.
- Opportunity to visit or volunteer at Teach For Malaysia’s offices and schools.
Minimum Duration of Programme:
- 1 Campus Leader term (6 months).
- Campus Leaders are expected to complete at least one term of service upon being accepted.
- Generate interest and leads for the Teach For Malaysia Fellowship.
- Raise awareness about Teach For Malaysia’s brand and movement.
- Build partnerships with various stakeholders.
- General recruitment support.
Campus Leaders who perform their duties at a consistently high level may request for an official letter of recommendation. Excellent performance as a Campus Leader will also be taken into consideration in future applications to the Fellowship Programme.
Please refer to this document for more detailed information:
Campus Leader Job Description
The Campus Leader programme is designed to give you opportunities for personal and professional growth, and insight into the Teach For Malaysia movement.
- Become a member of the Campus Leader Global Community
Join our global network of Campus Leaders to collaborate, thought-partner, and share ideas.
- Visit a Teach For Malaysia Classroom
See how your role as a Campus Leader contributes to the work that Fellows do in school to empower students in communities we serve.
- Attend Professional Recruitment Training
Learn from experienced recruiters on how to engage students and your network more effectively. Trainings will be done virtually for Campus Leaders located outside of the Klang Valley area.
- Plan and Execute Recruitment Activities
Get creative and take charge of organising recruitment activities at your university! You will also work closely with a recruiter to carry out engagement events. Campus Leaders receive a set of Teach For Malaysia brand materials including a t-shirt, bunting, brochures and stickers to be used during campus recruitment activities.
- Earn a Letter of Recommendation
Campus Leaders who perform their duties at a consistently high level may request for an official letter of recommendation in recognition of their excellent work.
- We accept Campus Leader applications all-year-round. Upon submission, you can expect to hear back from us within 14 working days.
- To apply, please fill up the Campus Leader application form below. You will be asked to submit your CV along with your responses to a few questions about yourself and your university.
- If your online application is successful, a recruiter will schedule a phone interview with you to get to know you better.
Be Part Of The Solution
It takes a village to raise a child, our work is brought to life because we are joined by so many like-minded partners, supporters, volunteers, individual donors and fundraisers along the way.
Lead Change In Classrooms
Learn about the Fellowship, our award-winning leadership development programme
Support Our Daily Work
Help us continue to transform education for children who need it the most
Partner With Us
Collaborate with us to be part of the education movement impacting students in Malaysia
Teach For Malaysia is committed to our mission. Sign up for our email newsletter to learn how you can get involved.