Intern or Campus Leader
As an intern or campus leader, you’ll be part of the movement to transform education in Malaysia.
Interns work full-time with one of our teams for 3 months, gaining valuable professional experience in the process.
Campus leaders receive training to become education ambassadors, representing Teach For Malaysia at university campuses worldwide.
Many of our interns are also campus leaders – you are welcome to apply for both.
Meet our Interns!
We are extremely proud of our interns. They are a driven and capable bunch of individuals who are part of our movement of change.
From Day 1, interns can expect to work closely with team members on important and impactful projects. We develop our interns to shoulder real responsibilities and deliver meaningful outcomes for the organisation.
Interns can also expect to gain better insight into the non-profit and education sector, and have a clearer picture of their role in ending education inequity in Malaysia.
- "Interning with TFM taught me more about myself than it did about the organisation as it allowed me to gain new learnings every day, from stakeholder management right up to building emotional resilience. It gave me a unique satisfaction as I learned how to challenge myself and take charge of my own learning with tonnes of support from peers and seniors."
Intern, Partnership Development (Corporations & Foundations)
- "I have always been interested in the social impact sphere but I had a very fixed mindset about the kind of person I needed to be, the skills I should have mastered, and the kind of values I would have to exemplify to really be able to make a positive change in society. After encountering the highly diverse staff of TFM though, I see things a little differently. TFM has taught me that to truly make an impact on society, it takes a lot of fundamentally different people, working together to realise their shared belief in a better, brighter future."
Muhammad Yazid bin H M Latiff
International Medical University (IMU)
Intern, Talent, Strategy & Operations
Oct 2018 - Mar 2019
- "Throughout my internship with TFM, I didn’t feel like an intern. From representing TFM in the Mega Career Fair briefing to co-managing team members throughout the Mega Career Fair, I have been entrusted with big tasks, Not to mention, the fun part of working, eating and learning together with the team. Be it an intern, staff, manager or even a director, it's always fun to learn from each other and improve everyday."
Sew Jun Wu
University of Malaya
Intern, Talent Acquisition (Recruitment)
Jan 2019 - Mar 2019
Meet our Campus Leaders!
Campus Leaders are a global network of university students united by a common mission – to improve education outcomes in Malaysia.
As Teach For Malaysia brand ambassadors, Campus Leaders work closely with the recruitment team to help spread the word about our movement on their university campuses around the world.
Campus Leaders play a significant role in the movement, and can expect to gain exposure working on high visibility campaigns to attract top graduates to the Teach For Malaysia Fellowship.
- "As a Campus Leader, I have greatly increased my confidence with amazing support and coaching from my manager and the Talent Acquisition team. Going on school visits also helped me further understand the realities of education inequity and how I can help end it."
Deepa Gaurie A/P Suriya Kumar
University of Edinburgh
Campus Leader and Intern
- "Working with Teach For Malaysia gave me the chance to develop my stakeholder management skills, create meaningful connections in the industry, and develop myself as an individual. But what sets it apart is the chance to work with truly passionate individuals who believe in the goal of creating a Malaysia where no students would be left behind in education. I've spent countless hours and days with that purpose in mind and I wouldn't trade the experience I've gained for anything else!"
Abdul Mubin bin Mohd Hanafiah
Heriot-Watt University, Malaysia
Campus Leader and Intern
- "I believe that education is for everyone regardless of religion, race or colour and that quality education should be attainable for the betterment of all. The campus leader experience with Teach For Malaysia is one which I am truly blessed to have as I have met many amazing individuals in this journey who are passionate for change both in and outside the campus and also worked with students from high need communities who have great potentials to be the leaders of tomorrow."
Shawn Stanly A/L M Anthony Dass
Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- "I have always admired Teach For Malaysia's dedication in wanting to provide an equal level of education for the students. From volunteering in TFM's many events to independently organizing recruitment events in my university, all these experiences have made my university life a captivating one. My journey as a campus leader has also helped me in becoming a better person with the multitude amount of values that I have gained. I start to see challenges as stepping stones and have learned to communicate effectively in sharing TFM's mission to all."
Eunice Tan Wan-Yi