Intern or Campus Leader
As an intern or campus leader, you’ll be part of the movement to transform education in Malaysia.
Interns work full-time with one of our teams for 3 months, gaining valuable professional experience in the process.
Campus leaders receive training to become education ambassadors, representing Teach For Malaysia at university campuses worldwide.
Many of our interns are also campus leaders – you are welcome to apply for both.
Meet our Interns!
We are extremely proud of our interns. They are a driven and capable bunch of individuals who are part of our movement of change.
From Day 1, interns can expect to work closely with team members on important and impactful projects. We develop our interns to shoulder real responsibilities and deliver meaningful outcomes for the organisation.
Interns can also expect to gain better insight into the non-profit and education sector, and have a clearer picture of their role in ending education inequity in Malaysia.
- "The best thing about my internship in TFM was being able to contribute meaningfully to the team and have a sense of purpose bigger than you, which includes shedding light on the realities of education inequality in Malaysia. They trusted me, gave ownership and that encouraged me to do more. Your individuality is highly appraised and I got to sharpen my designing skills! My contribution was eminent and they highly valued my input. The struggle to adapt was made easier by my manager and colleagues who were always there to guide me through. Hands down, the best internship experience ever."
Intern, Program Duta Guru
- "My internship experience with Teach For Malaysia has been exceptional and eye-opening as I got to do my much-needed part in combating education inequity on the grass-root level! Though I lack experience and knowledge, the amount of support and faith the team members have in me provides me with a sense of possibility that I am competent and I can achieve great things in everything I do! I will definitely recommend my peers to undergo an internship with Teach For Malaysia as I believe it will be immensely impactful to one's learning curve while serving the greater good!"
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak
Program Duta Guru Intern
- "The extent of involvement and inclusivity I have experienced as an intern was beyond what I had initially expected. My time in TFM has never led me to think about the limit to what I can do as an intern, instead I have been continuously encouraged to be inquisitive and actively explore beyond the existing opportunities that are laid in front of me. You’ll leave not only knowing that you have gained new experience and learned about professional development, but also discover so much about your own personal growth."
Nurul Hamizah Binti Afandi
University College London (UCL)
Intern, Special Projects
Sept 2020 - Feb 2021
- "My experience at Teach For Malaysia has definitely been the best work experience I've ever had. Everyone here is just super friendly and they're always willing to guide you through everything. I've gained so much knowledge and I've been trained in so many areas that I'm so grateful for. Hats off to my manager for making my Internship here the bes I've ever had. She's truly and inspirational woman, an amazing educator and a lovely manager. Joining TFM has definitely helped me grow as a person and I hope I continue to grow with the wisdom and guidance I've acquired from here."
Barvaani Sri Nathan
UWC Robert Bosch College
Education Ecosystem Engagement Intern
- "My internship journey and experience with Teach For Malaysia was priceless. The team and culture made the organisation a place that belongs to everybody. Each day brought different sets of circumstances and challenges, in which I had the opportunity to learn and grow from both my successes and failures. Above all, it is an organisation that has no glass ceiling for anyone to grow and develop. I was entrusted to work on various different tasks and projects and this allowed me to grow exponentially. It taught me to not be afraid of failure, to be comfortable in giving and receiving feedback, to have better time management skills, to be better at my communication skills, to be a better leader and most importantly this internship has taught me that we all have the ability to bring about change."
Ryan Tay Wei Jieq
Western Michigan University
Intern, Talent Acquisition / Programme
Mar - August 2021
Meet our Campus Leaders!
Campus Leaders are a global network of university students united by a common mission – to improve education outcomes in Malaysia.
As Teach For Malaysia brand ambassadors, Campus Leaders work closely with the recruitment team to help spread the word about our movement on their university campuses around the world.
Campus Leaders play a significant role in the movement, and can expect to gain exposure working on high visibility campaigns to attract top graduates to the Teach For Malaysia Fellowship.
- "My teachers throughout high school have undoubtedly encouraged me to think critically, but this is not something everyone can say for themselves. Being a campus leader for Teach For Malaysia gives me the opportunity to empower others to think critically through organization of discussions and interactive events with my peers."
Derrick Lee Chung Hoe
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- "During my time as a Campus Leader, it has connected me to many people in and outside of my university. These connections built upon a shared passion for fighting against education inequity will be invaluable in the years to come. I am extremely grateful to be a part of this movement, and will forever be reminded of my time alongside it."
Muhamad Faiz Danial
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- "Working as a TFM Campus Leader made me more courageous in exploring a world that is beyond my comfort zone. I learned to be critical and creative to promote my fundraising campaign. Though I had never met my team due to the pandemic, we definitely had a sweet time establishing solid teamwork by supporting each other with our tasks."
Nur Aisyah Ahmad Fadzli
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- "Becoming a TFM ambassador to my peers has raised my confidence and social conscience to contribute to something much bigger than myself. A highlight of being part of the Fundraising Team was pushing myself out of my comfort zone for the social media workout challenge, and making some awesome (and driven!) new friends along the way. Returning to TFM as a Campus Leader has empowered me to lead myself, lead others and lead change - a mindset that will be very valuable in the future!"
London School of Economics (LSE)